Are you ready for the ultimate productivity showdown? Todoist and Trello are two of the most popular task-management apps, and they’re ready to face off!
We’ll be comparing their features, seeing how they can help you manage projects and tasks, and ultimately deciding which app comes out on top. Get ready for a battle of productivity – Todoist vs Trello!
Todoist vs Trello – A Detailed Look
Todoist and Trello, while both serve different purposes can be interchangeably used depending on what goal you want to achieve. For example, if you only want something to track tasks, Todoist may fare better. But if you want to manage a project, Trello and Todoist are both strong opponents. However, in my opinion, Trello will still take the lead. Let’s look at both tools one by one so you know which tool is best for your use case.
What is Todoist?
Todoist is a task management app that allows users to organize and prioritize their to-do lists and tasks. It offers features such as natural language processing, project and label organization, and integration with popular calendar apps such as Google Calendar.
Todoist is available on multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and web, and offers a range of pricing options including a free version and a paid subscription with additional features. Users can customize their Todoist experience with features such as custom filters and themes. Todoist is widely used by individuals and teams for personal and professional task management.
What is Trello?
Trello is the ultimate productivity solution for the passionate productivity aficionado! It provides a visual means of organizing and managing your projects, tasks, and ideas. Trello allows you to organize tasks, assign them to team members, and measure progress using boards.
Boards may be simply shared with team members, and you can even attach files and documents for increased collaboration. It facilitates easy organization and productivity, allowing you to keep on top of projects and activities. Trello will help you stay organized, productive, and ultimately successful.
Todoist vs Trello – Features Comparison
Features of Todoist
- Task Management: Todoist makes it super easy to stay organized and on top of your tasks. You can create and organize to-do lists, set reminders, and deadlines, and see your progress over time.
- Natural Language Processing: This awesome feature lets you input tasks like you would in a sentence, so you don’t have to worry about sticking to strict formatting.
- Project and Label Organization: Todoist allows you to organize tasks into projects and labels so that you can prioritize and keep track of everything.
- Calendar Integration: You can integrate your Todoist account with Google Calendar so that you can see all your tasks and appointments in one place.
- Customization: Personalize your experience with custom filters and themes.
- Multiple Platforms: Todoist can be accessed from desktop, mobile, and web, so you can manage your tasks wherever you are.
Features of Trello
- Visual Task Organization: With Trello, you can easily organize tasks into boards, assign tasks to team members, and track progress. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to keep track of tasks, and its visual organization allows you to easily see what needs to be done.
- Collaboration: Trello makes it easy to share boards with team members, and even attach files and documents for greater collaboration. It allows for effortless communication and collaboration, helping to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Notifications: Trello has powerful notifications so you can stay up-to-date on projects and tasks. You can easily stay informed of any changes or updates to boards, and ensure that team members are completing tasks on time.
- Automation: With Trello’s powerful automation, you can easily automate repetitive tasks, streamlines processes, and save time. This powerful automation allows for greater productivity and efficiency.
- Integrations: Trello is integrated with a variety of other apps and services, allowing for greater flexibility and customization. With these integrations, you can easily customize Trello and use it to its fullest potential.
Todoist vs Trello – Pros and Cons
Todoist Pros and Cons
Pros of Todoist:
- Todoist makes it easy for you to stay organized and on top of your tasks and projects. With features like subtasks, task descriptions, tags, and task comments, you can break down your tasks into smaller, more manageable pieces and keep track of everything you need to do.
- If you work with a team, Todoist can help you collaborate and stay in sync with up to 5 users per project for free. This is a great way to ensure that everyone knows what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
- Todoist has some really cool features that can help you get things done more efficiently. For example, the advanced natural language input lets you set the day, time, and date of a task just by typing it into the task title, which saves you a lot of time and hassle. The filters feature is also really useful for organizing your tasks and finding what you need quickly.
- Todoist integrates with a ton of other platforms and apps, which makes it super convenient to use. You can use it as a Gmail add-on, Outlook add-in, or on your phone or computer, so you can access it from anywhere.
Cons of Todoist:
- Some of the more advanced features are only available in the paid plans. If you want to be able to collaborate with more than 5 users per project, set multiple reminders per day, or use the filters feature, you’ll have to upgrade to a paid plan.
- Can be overwhelming if you have a lot of tasks and projects going on at once.
- Not the most visually appealing task management tool.
Pros and Cons of Trello
Pros of Trello
- Trello offers a great way to organize tasks and projects into boards, lists, and cards. It’s easy to get a bird’s eye view of all of your tasks and prioritize them.
- All of your tasks are accessible from any device, making it easy to stay on top of projects no matter where you are.
- Assigning tasks to team members is simple and notifications can be set up for due dates and reminders.
- With the voting feature, collaboration is made easy as team members can easily voice their opinions and opinions can be counted quickly.
- Trello integrates with other apps like Google Calendar, making it easy to stay on top of tasks and events.
Cons of Trello
- Trello doesn’t have a global tags feature, making it difficult to group related tasks together.
- Project timeline management could be improved as it is not always easy to get a full view of the project timeline.
- The UI can be laggy at times, making it difficult to work with efficiently.
- Changing the background image is only available to gold users.
Todoist vs Trello – Pricing Comparison
Todoist is a great option! They have three different pricing plans – Free, Pro, and Business.
- Free plan – if you’re just getting started, this is the plan for you! You get access to up to 5 active (non-archived) projects, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 5 collaborators per project, 5 MB file uploads, and 3 filter views. Plus, you get 1 week of activity history. All for free!
- Pro plan – this plan costs $4/month if you pay yearly, or $5/month if you pay monthly. You get access to up to 300 active (non-archived) projects, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 25 collaborators per project, 100 MB file uploads, and 150 filter views. Plus, you get unlimited activity history.
- Business plan – this plan costs $6/member/month if you pay yearly, or $8/member/month if you pay monthly. You get access to up to 500 active (non-archived) projects per member, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 50 collaborators per project, 100 MB file uploads, and 150 filter views per member. Plus, you get unlimited activity history.
Trello offers four pricing plans to fit any team’s needs.
- Free plan includes unlimited cards, up to 10 boards per Workspace, and up to 250 Workspace command runs per month.
- Standard plan is $5 per user/month if billed annually and includes everything from the Free plan plus unlimited boards, advanced checklists, custom fields, and up to 1,000 Workspace command runs per month.
- Premium plan is $10 per user/month if billed annually and includes everything from the Standard plan plus calendar, timeline, table, dashboard, map views, workspace-level templates, collections, and observers.
- Enterprise plan costs $17.50 per user/month and includes everything in the Premium plan as well as unlimited workspaces, organization-wide permissions, organization-visible boards, public board management, multi-board guests, attachment permissions, Power-Up administration, SSO, and user provisioning with Atlassian Access.
Todoist vs Trello – Reviews
This is an awesome program & I use it all the time.A play store user review
- Todoist scores 4.8 on 5 on the Apple app store. Its user base is largely satisfied with the app! Read all the reviews here.
- It has a 4.5-star rating on the Google Play store which is still excellent considering the 2.5 million reviews. Read all the reviews here.
So easy to use to organize most anything!A review from the app store
- Trello has a 4.5-star rating on the Apple App store making it largely popular with users. You can read all the reviews here.
- It also has a 4.4-star rating on Google Play. You can read all the reviews here.