Todoist and Notion are two of the most talked-about productivity tools around, and they’re ready to face off! We’ll be taking a look at how each app can help you manage projects, organize tasks, and collaborate with your team. With Notion’s versatile, all-in-one approach, and Todoist’s tried-and-true task-management system, it’s sure to be an exciting battle!
Todoist vs Notion – A Detailed Look
Let’s now get right into comparing both Todoist and Notion’s features, pros and cons, and user reviews along with the competitor comparisons.
What is Todoist?
Todoist is a task management app that allows users to organize and prioritize their to-do lists and tasks. It offers features such as natural language processing, project and label organization, and integration with popular calendar apps such as Google Calendar.
Todoist is available on multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and web, and offers a range of pricing options including a free version and a paid subscription with additional features. Users can customize their Todoist experience with features such as custom filters and themes. Todoist is widely used by individuals and teams for personal and professional task management.
What is Notion?
Notion is a powerful productivity and collaboration platform that is changing the way people work. With its ability to help users manage their tasks, and projects, and collaborate with others, Notion has quickly become a popular choice among individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes.
Whether you’re a student looking to keep track of your assignments, a team leader looking to streamline your workflow, or a business owner looking to improve communication and collaboration among your employees, Notion has you covered.
With its highly customizable interface, you can tailor the platform to your specific needs and get things done more efficiently and effectively.
Todoist vs Notion – Features
Features of Todoist
- Task Management: Todoist makes it super easy to stay organized and on top of your tasks. You can create and organize to-do lists, set reminders, and deadlines, and see your progress over time.
- Natural Language Processing: This awesome feature lets you input tasks like you would in a sentence, so you don’t have to worry about sticking to strict formatting.
- Project and Label Organization: Todoist allows you to organize tasks into projects and labels so that you can prioritize and keep track of everything.
- Calendar Integration: You can integrate your Todoist account with Google Calendar so that you can see all your tasks and appointments in one place.
- Customization: Personalize your experience with custom filters and themes.
- Multiple Platforms: Todoist can be accessed from desktop, mobile, and web, so you can manage your tasks wherever you are.
Features of Notion
- Notes: Notion enables users to compose text notes, bullet lists, and to-do lists with the option to supplement with media such as images, videos, and embeds from other websites.
- Task management: Task management is made easy with Notion’s feature that allows users to make to-do lists, assign tasks to other users, and establish deadlines.
- Databases: Users can construct custom databases to store and organize data, selecting from an array of database templates or creating their own from scratch.
- Collaboration: It also permits users to share pages and databases with other members of a team, enabling real-time collaboration on projects.
- Customization: Notion provides a wide range of customization options, such as adjusting the layout and design of pages, or creating custom views of databases.
- Calendar integration: Moreover, users can integrate their Notion data with Google Calendar and Apple Calendar, providing a comprehensive view of tasks and appointments.
- File attachments: Files, including documents, images, and videos, can be attached to pages and databases within Notion.
- Mobile app: For on-the-go access, Notion has a mobile app available for iOS and Android.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Keyboard shortcuts are available to help users quickly navigate Notion.
- Import and export: Data can be transferred to and from other apps, such as Evernote and Asana.
- Third-party integrations: Notion also supports integrations with other apps and services including Trello, Slack, and GitHub.
- Templates: Additionally, users have access to a library of templates for a variety of use cases, like project management, event planning, and personal development.
Todoist vs Notion – Pros and Cons
Todoist Pros and Cons
Pros of Todoist:
- Todoist makes it easy for you to stay organized and on top of your tasks and projects. With features like subtasks, task descriptions, tags, and task comments, you can break down your tasks into smaller, more manageable pieces and keep track of everything you need to do.
- If you work with a team, Todoist can help you collaborate and stay in sync with up to 5 users per project for free. This is a great way to ensure that everyone knows what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
- Todoist has some really cool features that can help you get things done more efficiently. For example, the advanced natural language input lets you set the day, time, and date of a task just by typing it into the task title, which saves you a lot of time and hassle. The filters feature is also really useful for organizing your tasks and finding what you need quickly.
- Todoist integrates with a ton of other platforms and apps, which makes it super convenient to use. You can use it as a Gmail add-on, Outlook add-in, or on your phone or computer, so you can access it from anywhere.
Cons of Todoist:
- Some of the more advanced features are only available in the paid plans. If you want to be able to collaborate with more than 5 users per project, set multiple reminders per day, or use the filters feature, you’ll have to upgrade to a paid plan.
- Can be overwhelming if you have a lot of tasks and projects going on at once.
- Not the most visually appealing task management tool.
Notion Pros and Cons
- Drag and drop: Notion’s drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to organize and rearrange ideas, thoughts, and plans.
- Centralized platform: Notion provides a centralized platform for managing projects, goals, tasks, and more.
- Built-in calendar: Notion has a built-in calendar, allowing you to easily view and manage upcoming tasks and events.
- Kanban boards: Notion allows you to create Kanban boards, which are useful for tracking tasks and progress.
- User-friendly: Notion is user-friendly and easy to use, making it suitable for all users
- Extremely customizable.: Notion can become pretty much any web interface you want it to be – from a regular note-taking app to a full-fledged website and blogging platform and more.
- May be overwhelming: Notion offers a lot of features that may become overwhelming for users who are looking for a simple app.
Todoist vs Notion – Pricing
Todoist is a great option! They have three different pricing plans – Free, Pro, and Business.
- Free plan – if you’re just getting started, this is the plan for you! You get access to up to 5 active (non-archived) projects, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 5 collaborators per project, 5 MB file uploads, and 3 filter views. Plus, you get 1 week of activity history. All for free!
- Pro plan – this plan costs $4/month if you pay yearly, or $5/month if you pay monthly. You get access to up to 300 active (non-archived) projects, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 25 collaborators per project, 100 MB file uploads, and 150 filter views. Plus, you get unlimited activity history.
- Business plan – this plan costs $6/member/month if you pay yearly, or $8/member/month if you pay monthly. You get access to up to 500 active (non-archived) projects per member, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 50 collaborators per project, 100 MB file uploads, and 150 filter views per member. Plus, you get unlimited activity history.
Notion offers a free version of its platform, as well as paid plans starting at $4 per month for individual users and $8 per month for teams.
Todoist vs Notion – Reviews
This is an awesome program & I use it all the time.A play store user review
- Todoist scores 4.8 on 5 on the Apple app store. Its user base is largely satisfied with the app! Read all the reviews here.
- It has a 4.5-star rating on the Google Play store which is still excellent considering the 2.5 million reviews. Read all the reviews here.
- Notion is rated 3.8 by over 50,000 users on the Android app store. Read the reviews here.
- It has a 4..0 rating on the iOS app store by over 2,000 users. Read the reviews here.