Are you frustrated with trying to manage your tasks, stay organized, and never miss a deadline? Then you need to pick between two of the top task management apps: TickTick and Todoist.
But which one is right for you? We’ll take a look at each app and compare their features, pros, and cons, and pricing.
By the end of this, you’ll know exactly which task management app will help you stay on top of your to-do list. So let’s dive right in and see what TickTick vs. Todoist has to offer!
TickTick vs Todoist – At a Glance
|Smart date parsing||✅||✅|
|Folders, lists, and tags||✅||✅|
|Natural Language Processing||✅||✅|
|Collaboration with up to 5 users||❌||✅|
TickTick vs Todoist – Comparison of Features, Pros and Cons, and Pricing
Let’s now get right into taking a look at both productivity tools to see which one suits you better.
What is TickTick?
TickTick is a free task management and to-do list tool that focuses on productivity and simplicity. It assists you in staying organized, managing your time, and achieving your goals.
The app has a simple and user-friendly layout, with a list of to-dos and activities that can be sorted by date, priority, and category. It also has features like reminders, notes, collaboration tools, and much more. TickTick is an iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and online app.
What is Todoist?
Todoist is a task management app that allows users to organize and prioritize their to-do lists and tasks. It offers features such as natural language processing, project and label organization, and integration with popular calendar apps such as Google Calendar.
Todoist is available on multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and web, and offers a range of pricing options including a free version and a paid subscription with additional features. Users can customize their Todoist experience with features such as custom filters and themes. Todoist is widely used by individuals and teams for personal and professional task management.
TickTick vs Todoist Features
Features of TickTick
- Voice input: Allows users to add tasks fast and easily by speaking into their smartphone.
- Smart date parsing: While creating a new task, it automatically parses the due date and time information and sets a reminder.
- Users can schedule recurring tasks to repeat on a regular basis.
- Folders, lists, and tags: Offer various degrees of organizability to assist users in keeping their tasks and goals clear and manageable.
- Many reminders: To avoid missing a deadline, users can create multiple reminders for a task or utilize the “Annoying Alert” option.
- Pomodoro timer: assists users in practicing the Pomodoro Technique, which divides work into focused intervals interrupted by brief pauses.
- Calendar views: provides customers with a variety of calendar views, ranging from daily to monthly, to assist them to see their projects and deadlines at a glance.
- Sharing and collaboration allow users to share their lists and tasks with others and collaborate to complete tasks.
- Synchronization guarantees that users can access their tasks and updates from any device and that their data is up to date across all platforms.
Features of Todoist
- Task Management: Todoist makes it super easy to stay organized and on top of your tasks. You can create and organize to-do lists, set reminders, and deadlines, and see your progress over time.
- Natural Language Processing: This awesome feature lets you input tasks like you would in a sentence, so you don’t have to worry about sticking to strict formatting.
- Project and Label Organization: Todoist allows you to organize tasks into projects and labels so that you can prioritize and keep track of everything.
- Calendar Integration: You can integrate your Todoist account with Google Calendar so that you can see all your tasks and appointments in one place.
- Customization: Personalize your experience with custom filters and themes.
- Multiple Platforms: Todoist can be accessed from desktop, mobile, and web, so you can manage your tasks wherever you are.
TickTick vs Todoist Pros and Cons
TickTick Pros and Cons
Sure, here is an expanded list of pros and cons of TickTick with more details and user reviews:
- It has a free version available with basic features. This allows users to try out the app before committing to a premium plan. According to a user review, “I like that there is a free version that still has a lot of functionality.”1
- It has a built-in Pomodoro timer and a calendar view that helps users focus and plan their tasks. These features are useful for managing time and productivity. A user review we found online said, “I love the Pomodoro feature and the calendar view. It helps me stay focused and organized.”
- It has a cheaper premium plan than some of its competitors, such as Todoist, with almost equal functionality. This makes it more affordable for users who need more advanced features. As per a user, “TickTick is cheaper than Todoist and has almost the same features. I think it’s a great value for money.”
- It has a simple and effective interface that is similar to Todoist. This makes it easy to use and familiar for users who have used Todoist before. A TickTick user said, “TickTick is very similar to Todoist in terms of interface and functionality. I find it very easy to use and intuitive.”
- The free version has too many restrictions, such as limited number of lists, tasks, reminders, subtasks, etc. This limits the usability and functionality of the app for users who have more complex needs. A TickTick user said, “The free version is too restrictive for me. I need more lists, tasks, reminders, subtasks, etc. I don’t want to pay for the premium plan just to get these features.”
- Some features are hard to find or do not work as expected, such as smart lists, natural language processing, or recurring tasks. This makes it frustrating and confusing for users who want to use these features. A reviewer mentioned, “Some features are hidden or not working properly. For example, I can’t figure out how to use smart lists or natural language processing. And sometimes recurring tasks do not repeat correctly.”
- It does not have some advanced features that other apps offer, such as location-based reminders, project templates, or integrations with other apps. This makes it less versatile and compatible for users who need these features. According to a user review, “TickTick does not have some features that I need, such as location-based reminders, project templates, or integrations with other apps. I wish it had more options and flexibility.”
Todoist Pros and Cons
Pros of Todoist:
- Todoist makes it easy for you to stay organized and on top of your tasks and projects. With features like subtasks, task descriptions, tags, and task comments, you can break down your tasks into smaller, more manageable pieces and keep track of everything you need to do.
- If you work with a team, Todoist can help you collaborate and stay in sync with up to 5 users per project for free. This is a great way to ensure that everyone knows what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
- Todoist has some really cool features that can help you get things done more efficiently. For example, the advanced natural language input lets you set the day, time, and date of a task just by typing it into the task title, which saves you a lot of time and hassle. The filters feature is also really useful for organizing your tasks and finding what you need quickly.
- Todoist integrates with a ton of other platforms and apps, which makes it super convenient to use. You can use it as a Gmail add-on, Outlook add-in, or on your phone or computer, so you can access it from anywhere.
Cons of Todoist:
- Some of the more advanced features are only available in the paid plans. If you want to be able to collaborate with more than 5 users per project, set multiple reminders per day, or use the filters feature, you’ll have to upgrade to a paid plan.
- Can be overwhelming if you have a lot of tasks and projects going on at once.
- Not the most visually appealing task management tool.
Pricing Comparison TickTick vs Todoist
TickTick offers an annual premium plan for $27.99, which works out to be less than $2.4 per month.
Todoist is a great option! They have three different pricing plans – Free, Pro, and Business.
- Free plan – if you’re just getting started, this is the plan for you! You get access to up to 5 active (non-archived) projects, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 5 collaborators per project, 5 MB file uploads, and 3 filter views. Plus, you get 1 week of activity history. All for free!
- Pro plan – this plan costs $4/month if you pay yearly, or $5/month if you pay monthly. You get access to up to 300 active (non-archived) projects, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 25 collaborators per project, 100 MB file uploads, and 150 filter views. Plus, you get unlimited activity history.
- Business plan – this plan costs $6/member/month if you pay yearly, or $8/member/month if you pay monthly. You get access to up to 500 active (non-archived) projects per member, 300 active tasks per project, 20 active sections per project, 50 collaborators per project, 100 MB file uploads, and 150 filter views per member. Plus, you get unlimited activity history.
TickTick vs Todoist Reviews
Love this app! Even the free version is amazing! It helps me organize both my personal and work life as a business owner. I’ve gone through many different apps and software and TickTick is definitely the best fit for me.A user review from the app store
- TickTick has a 4.7 rating on the Android app store. Its user base is largely satisfied with the app features and the user interface. Read all reviews here.
- On the Apple app store, TickTick has a whopping 4.9 rating making it one of the highest-rated productivity apps out there. Read all reviews here.
This is an awesome program & I use it all the time.A play store user review
- Todoist scores 4.8 on 5 on the Apple app store. Its user base is largely satisfied with the app! Read all the reviews here.
- It has a 4.5-star rating on the Google Play store which is still excellent considering the 2.5 million reviews. Read all the reviews here.